Hiring: Director of Next Generation Ministry
Director of Next Generation Ministry
Senior Pastor through its Personnel Ministry Team
Direct the church’s ministry programs for children, youth, college and young adults to include leading, developing and organizing ministry programs, mission opportunities, retreats, seasonal ministries and other age-appropriate activities for children, youth, and young adults.
- Must have a college Degree in related field of study or equivalent experience in children, youth, and young adult ministries.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience working with children, youth, and young adults.
- Possess characteristics and qualities necessary for working harmoniously, effectively and confidentially with children, youth, young adults, church members and church staff.
- Strong Christian character that demonstrates a close relationship with the Triune God, and knowledge of the Reformed theological tradition of Presbyterian Church (USA).
- Ability to provide opportunities for youth and young adults to grow in God’s grace, enable them to develop the spiritual and personal resources necessary for life’s journey and to help guide them into a loving relationship with God, self, and others.
- Energetic, dynamic character who is a positive role model and committed to nurturing youth and young adults in their Christian faith.
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer and social media skills.
- CPR and AED strongly desired. Will train upon hire.
- Consideration will be given to a candidate with the ability to develop and lead youth choirs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Direct and coordinate programmatic and educational ministries for children, youth and young adults providing leadership and development for the following groups:
- Middle School
- Senior High
- Young Adult
2. Assess ongoing program needs and develop new programs as needed.
3. Supervise Childcare and Safety Attendant
4. Plan and implement VBS.
5. Plan, implement and support special events such as mission opportunities, youth Sunday, trips, retreats, and outings.
6. Recruit and train volunteer leaders with oversight from the Senior Pastor and Youth Ministry team.
7. Select and develop study resources for programs with oversight from the Senior Pastor and Youth Ministry team.
8. Develop and implement a comprehensive approach to youth ministry:
- Provide group building
- Initiate offsite outreach, i.e. college campuses, youth recitals, school events, coffee shops, etc.
- Work with the Presbytery Youth Committee
- Mentor youth to develop their faith and leadership skills
9. Identify and develop opportunities for young adults to develop their faith and fellowship.
10. Coordinate with other pastoral staff and lead youth confirmation classes.
11. Serve as advisor to the following committees and attend meetings
- Youth Ministry
- Mission Ministry
12. Work with other church committees as needed to plan special events for the life and worship of the church.
- Be an advocate for children, youth, and young adults and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns, and needs of youth in the local church and community.
- Assist with planning and organizing of special musical offerings both vocal and instrumental.
13. Ensure the Sexual Misconduct Policy is observed for all children, youth, and young adult ministries
14. Coordinate scholarship application process and route to appropriate ministry team.
15. Attend staff meetings, retreats, and session meetings.
16. Perform any other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.